Granite has been among the top selected stones of consumers because of its properties. Although there is an initial expense involved, it is offset by the durability and resilience it has. Cleaning of the granite surfaces makes it a huge decision as you would want to protect the expense made on it by not applying products that will damage it. Extra attention is to be paid to clean the surface.
- Here we will look at what steps should be followed to clean the Granite Surface countertops.
- For regular cleaning of the granite surfaces, usage of mild dish wash soap is enough. Dilute the dish soap in a bowl with water. Take a sponge and wet it. Dip it in the mixed soap solution and clean the granite countertop. Make sure to use a microfiber cloth or a soft sponge to clean it. Using a scrubber might result in scratches.
- You can also use granite cleaners available in the market. Spray the granite solution over the countertop, wait for five minutes and then rinse it thoroughly. Later dry it with a microfiber cloth.
- Sometimes some stains aren’t removed by regular dish soap or granite solutions. Professionals have to be hired for the same to remove those stains. But if the stains are light, you can try a few remedies to remove it. Baking Soda and Hydrogen peroxide are the best home remedies for cleaning such light stains. Ensure the sealing of the countertop after the stain is removed.
- The granite countertop can be protected with a sealant. It is advisable to reseal your surface every year for its long run.
- Here are some of the cleaners/tools that are not advisable for cleaning of Granite Surfaces. They leave the surface more vulnerable. They are :
- Vinegar or lime
- Any citrus cleaner
- Ammonia-based cleaners
- Abrasive sponges
Leave A Comment